Volume 3, Issue 19; 14 Sep 2019

A couple of tweaks to my recent updates for the DocBook XSLT 2.0 Stylesheets and the XML Resolver.

If you reacted to my recent posts about the DocBook XSLT 2.0 Stylesheets or the XML Resolver with particular eagerness and grabbed them immediately, will you please indulge me by grabbing a couple of updates?

I’ve published version 2.3.16 of the stylesheets and version 1.0.4 of the resolver.

I discovered a few small issues that I decided to fix promptly:

  1. The stylesheet distribution includes a main class that will dynamically build a resolver catalog for the files in the distribution. Unfortunately, the URI structure on the DocBook CDN changed a while back and the corresponding changes didn’t get made in the dynamic catalog. So it didn’t actually work.
  2. I also discovered that because the catalog was being used as the resolver of last resort, any out-of-date entries in other catalogs would take precedence. To avoid this problem, I’ve now switched it so that the dynamic catalog is the preferred location.
  3. In the resolver, I discovered that jar: URIs were being cached. I think that’s probably a mistake (especially since they’re most often jar:file: URIs) so I’ve excluded jar: by default.

Apologies for the carelessness. It’s my own fault for pushing out releases while I’m supposed to be working on my slides.

Share and enjoy.