so

XML Resolver

Volume 2, Issue 19; 07 Jul 2018

Is a 1.0.0 release on the horizon?

My XML Resolver project started out as a rewrite of the resolver that I contributed to Apache Commons some eons ago. It supports automatic caching and a few other things.

I’ve been using it for years, and it’s been a dependency of XML Calabash for years so lots of other people have as well, but I’ve never quite pushed it out the door as a “1.0” kind of thing.

But recently, a couple of folks have inquired about using it in other projects. I also got some useful suggestions about how to clean up the build, which spurred me to do that and a bit more.

So here’s my plan: I’m going to do my best to encourage folks to test their stuff with the 0.14.0 release that I pushed out the door today. If that goes well, and after I fix any bugs that get reported (🤦), I’m going to push it out the door as a 1.0.0 release.

So if you’re a catalog user, now’s the time to kick the tires, please!